posted 13 June 2002 09:56 PM
If you are interested in competing in this event please reply to the following questionaire. 1.Do you want an overnight race Y/N 2. If no do you want a day passage race to Tarbert on the Friday Y/N 3. If no would you prefer to make your own way to Tarbert with a view to having some racing in Loch Fyne on Friday afternoon. Y/N 4. When should the event be held? 5. How many races per day 1/2/3 6. Do you want more than one race on the Tuesday. Y/N 7. Which area of Loch Fyne do you wish to sail in North/ Mid/ South /All 8. Are you satiesfied with the general mix of courseas give that windward/leeward are the most used. Y/N if N state alternative 9.Do you prefer to sail amongst CYCA fleets or the one design fleets of Sigma 33 Cork1720 and Sports Boats. 10. Are there any other suggestions you can make to improve the turnout of sonatas.
posted 19 July 2002 08:35 PM
Having just bought a boat called Saraband and intending to sail from Largs I would be interested in the 2003 Scottish Series. In response to your questionaire:
1) Overnight Race? Not in my first year!
2) Day Passage Race? Yes – from Kip
3) Make own way to Tarbert & day race? No
4) When should event be held? Friday-Tuesday
5) Races per day? 2+
6) More than one on Tuesday? Don’t mind, not such an issue for a Largs boat.
7) Area of Loch Fyne? OD’s daily call
8) Like a mix of courses – Windward/leeward with a gate is fine
9) Sail with one-design fleets? Yes
10)Any Way of improving turnout? a) Get Steve Goacher or Graham?? to run a training weekend 2-3 weeks before Series, to include basic checks on rig tension etc. get Goacher Sails / N & H to offer a voucher for the best boat that didn’t win a race, thereby encouraging the second tier of boats.