This page is a listing of suppliers who offer products of particular interest to the Sonata owner. The National Sonata Association has no commercial connection with these suppliers and offers no endorsement of their products.
If the contact details change or if you know of any other suppliers who should be listed here then please contact the Sonata webmaster.
AC Yacht and Boat Surveyors are a professional survey company run by a Sonata owner with full professional indemnity insurance offering a fast, friendly, reliable service tailored to all yacht and boat requirements – sales, pre-purchase surveys, insurance surveys, damage surveys, valuation surveys and osmosis surveys. AC offer a yacht and boat surveying service throughout Northern England including Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, Durham, Yorkshire, Cumbria, Scotland. Nationwide and International surveys can also be arranged. Call for a quotation and advice – 07799 596 596, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Banks Sails Banks Sails offer competitive Sonata sails. Contact Daryl Morgan at Banks Sails in Southampton e-mail email@example.com, tel. 01489 582444, fax: 01489 589789..
- Buy the same sails as National Champion Steve Goacher and get some some sailing tips at the Goacher Sails web site.
- Hyde Sails have a history of making Sonata sails and offer competitive sails and very competitive prices. Contact Dave Hall or Jack Grogan.
- Long time Sonata Sailor Murray Caldwell is at Owen Sails, Oban.
- OneSails GBR East (Previously Parker and Kay Sailmakers) have provided numerous Sonata sails in the past; for advice and/or free quotations don’t hesitate to call the OneSails team on +44 (0) 1473 659878 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greg Pitt (National champion 2006) and Graham Campbell are at Saturn Sails.
- “Milanes Foils are suppliers of laminated or glass sheathed Sonata Blades, finely profiled and perfectly finished.” (quote supplied by Phil Milanes). Milanes Foils, Breach House, Cuckoo Corner, Urchfont Wiltshire SN10 4RA, Telephone: +44-(0)1380-840050 Fax: +44-(0)1380-840150. email@example.com
- Tony Mackillican was the main supplier of rudders, tillers and numerous other wooden parts for Hunter Boats Ltd since 1981. He supplies “quality laminated Rudders and Tillers with a wide range of superb finishes”. Contact details and examples of his work are on his web site or telephone +44-(0) 1785 284949
Masts and rigging
Early Sonata masts were made by IYE. Later masts were made by Proctor Masts, now part of Selden.
For more help with masts, rigging and fitting-out try Phil Evans Sailing Services, The Joiners Shop, Bridge End, Old Hutton, Kendal, Cumbria LA8 0HN. Tel/Fax 01539-738900 Mobile 07774-167900. firstname.lastname@example.org
Hadlow Marine Services can make new windows using the old windows as templates. Their price includes cutting, bevelling edges and drilling fixing holes and the windows are supplied with Scapa bedding tape attached. The Sonata originals are reported to be 6mm thick smoke grey acrylic.
Trolleys and trailers
- Eagle Yachts (UK), The Old Smithy, Lowside, Bowness on Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 9DH, 015394-45411
Hayling Trailers, 254a Havant Road, Hayling Island, Hants, PO11 0LW, 01705-464176
- Keels on Wheels, Longmeadow lane, Redmarsh Ind Estate, Thornton, Lancashire FY5 4JT make a special Sonata trailer with a lowered axle to bring down the centre of gravity. Contact Ian Preston, Tel 01253 822190 Fax 01253 822166.
- RM Trailers Ltd, Prospect Road, New Farm Industrial Estate, New Alresford, Hants, SO24 9QF, 01962-732560
- SBS Ltd, Woden Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 0AS, 01902-455655 / 455680
- West Mersea Trailers, Waldegraves Farm, West Mersea, Essex, 0870 9099 88
Medway Sonata Sailor Mark Lee runs CraftInsure. They can provide a quote for your Sonata over the Internet in 15 to 20 seconds, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can also provide instant cover on-line.
Declan Ward (Jabiru) offers a special service to produce a web site for your boat.
Some Sonatas may have a slightly different specification or may have been modified by previous owners – if possible you should check new fittings against your boat before purchase.
The sonata foredeck hatch is a Houdini ‘Super 50’ 500mm x 500mm HD5050 made by Houdini Marine Windows and available via most chandlers.
Rubber seals for hatches and for a wide range of other applications are available from Seals + Direct
Stanchion bases are YS Alloys standard base. The model number is reported to be JHYS7157B with 70mm hole centre distances. Available from Seamark Nunn or other chandlers.