The title of the association shall be the NATIONAL SONATA ASSOCIATION
The objects of the Association are to promote and develop the interests of the Sonata class. In particular:
- to maintain the one-design character of the Sonata,
- to co-ordinate and manage the affairs and rules of the class,
- to make recommendations on the control of such matters to clubs, the RYA, and other bodies,
- to encourage and co-ordinate competition in the class,
- to encourage and co-ordinate cruising in Sonatas, and in similar classes.
Membership is open to all individuals and organisations interested in the class. Only paid-up members are entitled to vote at the A.G.M.
- The association is financed by annual subscription from members.
- The amount of subscription is determined annually by the committee.
- Subscriptions are due on the first day of January each year.
- The rights of membership are not available until subscriptions have been paid.
- The affairs of the association shall be managed by a committee of not less than 4 or more than 8 members.
- The committee shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting of the association.
- The committee shall appoint out of their number a chairman, secretary and treasurer, and any other officers that may be considered necessary.
- Each Annual General Meeting of the association must be held not later than fifteen months after the previous Annual General Meeting.
- At least three weeks notice of any General Meeting shall be given in writing to all members of the association.
- Proposed changes to the Class Rules will be advised to members, normally with the notice of the Annual General Meetings.
- Full members who are unable to attend may give their proxy vote to the Chairman.
The committee shall ensure that a proper record is maintained of all receipts and payments of the Association and that a proper financial statement is presented to members at the Annual General Meeting.